The experts say your body needs to be challenged with increased duration and/or intensity of exercises. I believe that to be true but I change up my routine more so to keep from being bored. If I’m bored, I won’t stick to it.
While walking is the main staple in my exercise arsenal, I diversify by:
1. Walking malls that include stairs and ramps
2. Attend Zumba class (when I’m in a funky dancing mood and don’t dripping in perspiration.)
3. Attend hula hoop fitness class. I was elated to find a class practically around the corner from me. It’s on Sunday’s so I can only attend once or twice a month when I’m not on ministry duty at my church.
4. Do apprx 2 wks worth of those 30 challenges (squats, abs, arms)
5. Pilates and/or Yoga (I prefer Pilates but need them both equally)
Only thing missing from the above list is strength training. I’ll talk more about my challenges with this beast on my next wellness post.
How do you diversify your workout. Share in the comments below. Like and share the post!
Til Next Time,