Am I the only one who hesitates when asking friends old-fashioned questions as conversation starters? What are plans today? Have you made it to the gym? What are you doing this weekend?
Answers used to include exciting things like, ballroom lesson on Monday, choir rehearsal on Tuesday, sorority committee meeting on Wednesday, Yoga class on Thursday, dinner and a movie on Friday, shopping on Saturday, church on Sunday.
Boy, have times changed. Now the responses to those questions are:
“Going to Sam’s Club/Costco.”
“Going to Kroger/Meijer.”
Not very much variety, huh.
Me…I have never been more tired of going to the store as I am in these days. That can not be the only thing that I look forward to on weekends. Therefore, I plan to do so much more in my free time:
- Read (and finish) the books I’ve started
- Spend 2-3 hours writing my 3rd novel
- Swap out winter wardrobe for spring/summer wardrobe
- Remove clothes from my closet that do not bring me joy (or I can’t fit anymore)
- Organize files on my computer (i.e. school work, personal essays, articles for publication, blog posts, book ideas)
- Bake (and share)
- Oh, and I should include something that involves my 16 year old son, but it’s like pulling teeth to get him out that room. He comes out for food and drink. He seems to fear I’m going to put him to work when he emerges so I try not to do that when I hear his footsteps,
I’m happy to add more things on this list. Got any ideas? Post in the comments below and enjoy your weekend.